Is Mobile Internet going to take over? …. Again?
by David | January 22nd, 2009
With CES happening earlier this month, discussions of the latest “smart phone/device” and how the new device will enhance Mobile Internet is back in everyone’s mind. Take a look at some of these articles:
- Mobile Internet is not affected by the financial crisis
- Nielsen: Mobile Video Usage Small But Growing
- Palm Unveils iPhone Competitor, the Pre
- target=”_blank”>New Survey on Teen Cell Phone Use
- There are many more mobile devices in the world than desktop PCs (and probably laptops combined).
- Newer devices are more and more behaving like PCs (Web browsing, documents, images, video, etc).
- Prices are more affordable for these smart phones.
- Teens use their phone more than ever (79% of all teens have a mobile device).
- Most (if not all) carriers are now offering unlimited data and messaging plans.
So what’s the hold up? Besides the economy, maybe there isn’t one :).
At PINT, more than ever we are creating mobile sites for our clients.